Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Auto Ave delivers exceptional automotive repair service to me and my family. It's become the go-to place for our vehicles because we appreciate the quality, timeliness and affordability we've experienced there - every single time. Best of all, it's a place that you can trust to accurately diagnose and fix real problems with expert technicians. highly recommend.
Customer Service was amazing. Car was done quickly & with a decent price. Having you car in the shop can be a pain but they kept us updated on everything the entire time.
I took my benz there for a new alternator. Great customer service, really friendly. I HIGHLY recommend.
Great service experience! Easy to schedule an appointment. Service was done quickly. Prices are reasonable. Work is reliable and the staff was trustworthy. They did not try to hard sell any extra services I didn't need; and they were straightforward and honest about the issue with my vehicle. Would definitely recommend.